Open positions at City of Asylum are posted here when available.
Program Coordinator — City of Asylum Pittsburgh
The Program Coordinator facilitates a diverse portfolio of more than 150 annual public programs. Reporting to the Director of Programs, the coordinator will ensure the entire arc of producing — from initial artist outreach to program completion and follow-up—is efficiently and positively handled. The ideal candidate has strong customer service skills, is organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and is an excellent team player.
- Coordinate and oversee a comprehensive schedule of tasks related to events, including executing artist engagement letters, processing payments to artists and vendors, facilitating the creation of event webpages and box office / ticketing links, scheduling rehearsals and soundchecks as needed, and other duties as assigned
- Work closely with Marketing Manager and Box Office Manager to content aspects of performances including images, videos, bios, artists blogs, etc.
- Create and manage program listings on City of Asylum’s website, internal events calendar, and ticket management system
- Oversee artist services including hospitality, travel, and accommodations
- Act as on-site producer for select events (some evening and weekend work required)
- Embody City of Asylum’s brand of hospitality and creating a welcoming environment for all by providing a high level of guest service at all public programs
- Contribute to regular program planning meetings and the growing & evolving calendar of City of Asylum curated programs
- Maintain archive files, database of event information, and artist demographic information
- One year of event coordination / producing or equivalent experience
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and multitask in a high-volume environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues and people with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in the arts, human rights, and/or international issues
Successfully meeting the physical demands listed below are also essential functions of this job.
- Night, weekend, and daylight work will be required
- Full Covid-19 vaccination by the start of employment
- Commitment to the values of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and the ability to manage with these values centered.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), hourly position. Hours are primarily 10-6 Monday – Friday with flexibility to incorporate evening and weekend work based on programming schedule.
$16/hour + benefits
City of Asylum Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. It is our policy to be fair and equitable in our relations with our employees and applicants. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions, selection for training opportunities, wage and salary administration, decisions regarding separation from employment, layoffs, returns from layoffs, family care leave, social and recreational programs, and the application of all benefits and policies are based on individual qualifications for the positions being filled, and are also to be administered regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age (40 or older), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, veterans’ status, disabilities (physical and mental), medical condition (including cancer and HIV status), and any other characteristic protected by law.
City of Asylum is committed to results-oriented management aimed at achieving equal employment opportunity and shall apply good faith efforts to seek out, employ, train, and promote women and minor group members. If, because of a disability, you need accommodations in completing this application or to participate in an interview, please contact us at email@example.com or call 412-435-1110.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.